Even though it hasn’t felt like it lately, spring is right around the corner. Now is the time to take care of some home maintenance items.
As winter wanes, your property may be in need of a little TLC. Here are five easy suggestions to groom your home for the upcoming spring season:
“As winter wanes, your property may be in need of a little TLC.”
- Clean your windows. The windows in your home likely took a beating over the winter months. So, take an upcoming weekend to clean both the glass and the screens to give your windows a sparkling shine all spring long.
- Unclog the gutters. Built-up debris from the fall and winter months can cause gutter backups as spring rains begin. Grab a ladder and a safety spotter and go clean your gutters to avoid any potential damage.
- Power wash your home’s exterior. Now that your windows and gutters are free and clear, take a look at your patios, walkways, and siding. These exterior surfaces are often covered in residue following the winter months. If you have power washing experience, you can rent one and do it yourself. However, you can also hire a professional to get the job done.
- Start your spring garden. Whether you prefer flowers or edible growth, now is the time to create a plan of action for your spring garden.
- Update your interior accents. Once your exterior has been tidied up, it’s time to focus on the interior of your home. Swap out heavy winter window coverings for lighter versions and add pops of spring color to your home with throw pillows and other accent pieces.
If you have any other questions or would like more information, feel free to give me a call or send me an email. I look forward to hearing from you soon.